Wednesday 16 September 2015

UNIT 1, 2 & 4 'Hands On' project

Last Thursday, we were informed of our first project: "Hands On". During this project we will be introduced to visual language, Research skills, Materials, Processes and technical skills in art and design in order to have a better understanding. Throughout the day we completed a few basic drawings of our own hands in different styles to evaluate our individual drawing style and the others we were shown. At first I struggled with this excersize as I failed to draw my hand in proportion but after a bit of trial and error I began to get the hang of it, now the concept of drawing a hand isn't as daunting as I know I can do it eventually. As for the styles of drawing I really enjoyed the cross hatching, contour line and my own drawings; I believe this is due to the fact it is more controlled and takes more time. However, when asked to complete a continuous line drawing within two minutes was very difficult as I couldn't go back and correct it I just had to continue which I found quite annoying.
The next task was more time consuming as we were asked to draw our own hand on some black paper using coloured pencils, I decided on a more realistic style of drawing and began the outline. Due to the first task I found the outline more easier even though I had to redo some parts. I was really worried to start colouring as I wasn't sure how good the quality of my work would be but I was really proud of my efforts by the end of the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment