Wednesday 23 September 2015

UNIT 1, 2 & 4 Water Vs. Fire

After some inspiration from pinterest I came up with an idea for my second glossary page to illustrate colour. I decided to focus on the temperature of colours and started to think about ways to incorporate ice vs fire scenario onto the page. I found this image on the Internet and used it as a starting point.

I decided to change the hand position ever so slightly and drew a basic outline of my own hand onto the page. In the image the hands and are punching each other therefore I drew the hands in a comic book/anime style to represent the action within the drawing. Now to add the water and fire, I looked at some photoshopped images to help me capture the movement, shape and colour of the elements. As this was a colour page I used inks for the water and fire to keep the vibrancy of the colours intact.

I continued to illustrate each of the hands until both were complete, I chose to use darker skin colours on the fire hand as I thought they were warmer tones and more pale skin colours on the water hand in keeping with the cold colours of the water. 

To finish off the page I used black ink on the back ground the colours would stand out further and left spaces which left behind the title and brief descriptions on the page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment