Friday 4 March 2016

UNIT 5 Primary research

For my primary research of the theme I decided to take pictures of a stream to capture the shapes within moving water. I could use these shapes later on for the shapes of glass panels or for inspiration to the glass texture I would use. When take the photographs with my camera I used two different settings to create different effects: the manual setting would capture the individual moment at the time and the TV setting would allow me to capture the overall movement of the stream. By looking at the various shapes I found that bubbles and ripples were common and the most recognisable shapes related to water therefore using them in my designs would allow the audience/client to understand and identify the theme and my ideas.

I also did some primary research into existing door designs: I visited JSS Installations LTD and photographed several contemporary doors to explore existing products. By looking at existing products I can see what is already available and what are the most popular choices of colour, glass texture, shape of glass panels and overall design. Furthermore, by researching into what other companies offer I can contrast and compare with Distinction Doors range and evaluate if other companies have anything different.


No comments:

Post a Comment